Ohio Mechanical Insulators

Travelers’ Information for Central Ohio

What to know before you go to work in Local 50’s jurisdiction

The Central Ohio region is one of the hottest construction markets in the U.S., and depending on the data you analyze, it could be the top construction market in America.

From the multiple megaprojects to many large- and medium-sized projects, there is enough work across the Local 50 jurisdiction to keep HFIAW members employed for at least the next five to seven years.

Historic megaprojects such as Intel, the Honda/LG Electrical Vehicle Battery Plant and multiple datacenter campuses for Facebook, Google and Amazon have created unique work opportunities for Union Insulators because all these jobs will pay union wages, with the possibility of overtime and other incentives.

If you are ready to travel to Central Ohio for work, we will have a contractor ready to put you on a job immediately.

You must be a member in good standing

In order to work in the Local 50 territory, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a member in good standing
  • Willing to travel and work in Central Ohio
  • Contact your Local Union office and receive approval to travel
  • Fill out the form on this page

Until you complete the steps above, we ask that you do not call the Local or Business Manager Dan Poteet. Once you fill out the form on this page, a Local 50 officer will reach out to you. Please be aware, due to the current abundance of work, Local 50 leadership is extremely busy.

When arriving, all travelers must provided to their employer :

  • Two forms of identification
  • Some jobs may require OSHA 10/30 cards and drug testing. 

Again, Local 50 leaders are extremely busy managing the abundance of work, so they may not be able to answer phone calls from those seeking more information, especially if you have not completed the above-mentioned steps, but will make every effort to get back to you

Local 50 Request To Work Form

Please fill out the following information if you are an HFIAW member in good standing who is interested in traveling to Central Ohio for work. Once complete, a Local 50 officer will use the information provided to contact you.